Trouble With Granite Look Counters

I put the clear coat on already and I didn't put enough color on the counter top and now it doesn't match my bar. I need more color, what should I do? Can I put color right on my Envirotex and then clear coat it again? What a mess.

By Carol from OH

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

November 7, 2010 Flag

I tried to do the granite look counter tops and put the clear coat down first. Do I have to sand and do it all over again? Can I still put paint on the clear coat?

Tasha from Mt. Sterling

Answers:

Trouble With Granite Look Counters

Tasha hon, you should put the clear coat on last. Since you have already put it down you will have to sand it all off. Do you have an electric sander?

After you have sanded, put down a product as a primer. Bin by Zinsser is a good gone. Then do your granite look. Then seal it with the sealer. I don't know if you know this, but it is best to use water based sealer because it does not yellow. If you use the oil based, it will yellow and ruin the look of your granite. Use a gloss since you are going for the look of granite. Hope this helps. (08/22/2008)

By Elaine

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenNovember 7, 2010
Removing Stains from Granite, Granite Kitchen Counter and Stainless Sink
Removing Stains from Granite
A photo of a large room with granite floors.
Cleaning Granite Flooring
Kitchen with granite countertops.
Removing Glue From Granite
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:31:07 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.