Bumble Bee Magnet
This cute bumble bee magnet is sure to be all the "buzz" hanging on your refrigerator.
- plastic spoons
- plaster of Paris
- round magnets
- yellow and black paint
- paint brush
- yellow and black craft foam
- googly eyes
- black pipe cleaner
- Set up the spoons so they lie flat and will hold the plaster when poured in to mold. I used rolled up newspaper taped to the bottom of a cardboard box, but you could also use a small book, play dough, etc. Use as many spoons as bees you would like to make.
- Mix the plaster of Paris according to the directions on the box. Pour the mix into each of the plastic spoons.
- Place a round magnet into each spoon of plaster and allow to dry. I let mine dry overnight.
- Remove mold from spoon and paint entire front yellow. Allow to dry, then add black stripes.
- Cut out wings from the yellow craft foam and glue to the sides of the bee. I used hot glue, but other glue may work as well.
- Cut out a head from the black craft foam and glue to the top of the bee.
- Glue on googly eyes and black pipe cleaner antennas. Allow all to dry.
- Proudly hang on your refrigerator for everyone to buzz about!
By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 18, 2016 at 1:49:03 PM on 10.0.1.195 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us