Homemade Refrigerator Magnets

I save the tins with cute, vintage looking graphics after cleaning out my cupboards to make desk sets and/or refridgerator magnets! They would make a cute gift too.

• old spice or baking tins
  • magnetic tape

Directions:

• Just add tape to the back of old spice tins from your cupboards for a cute vintage desk set or pencil/stamp container on your fridge.
  • Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? 4

41 More Solutions

A good use for those business cards that are attached to magnets. You can cut a photo to size and glue to magnet and place on your refrigerator.

Give your fridge color with some cute magnets and let Uncle Sam bring in the 4th of July. With a few scrap supplies and glue or thread, you can whip these up in no time.

pink bunny magnet

This is what you really wish you could put on your office door.

These adorable ladybugs will bring you much joy when you put them on your refrigerator. Use simple supplies to craft these beautiful insects.

Magent

I buy packages of metal fridge magnet frames at the euro shop and decoupage them. I cut out matching pictures from magazines to put into the frames to make them fancier. These make wonderful little gifts. I have also sold these at Xmas and Easter bazaars.

Photo frame fridge magnets.

Christine Weber

For the kid in all of us. Pick up a used Scrabble game at the thrift store and create a set of alphabet magnets to grace a fridge door!

tile magnets from scrabble pieces.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I got a free image on Pinterest of several shapes of thread spools. I thought it would be a cool idea to use up some old trim I found for .50 a box.

finished pin and magnets

This one is a shout out to the magnificent Rubik's Cube.

cube magnet

Refrigerator magnet featuring mouse on piece of cheese.

Mouse Refrigerator Magnet

This cute bumble bee magnet is sure to be all the "buzz" hanging on your refrigerator.

Bumble bee magnet.

For the prettiest magnets use vintage earrings or brooches. I cut off the pin back on the brooches and the clip-on part of the earrings. Attach a small magnet with E-6000. I first noticed this idea at a craft show. They were selling for $5.00 and up to $10.00 each.

These joyfully smiling flower faced magnets are adorable in the kitchen, not to mention easy and fun for kids to create.

Flower face magnets

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Following the instructions in the booklet, I made the letters that spelled out each of my childrens' names. I glued googly eyes tiny pom pom noses onto each of them. Then I attached a magnet to the back of each one.

glue on eyes and nose

A quick and easy craft, great for school stalls:

I went to the Dollar General and decided to paint a little butterfly. It comes in a kit with acrylic paints and a brush and the butterfly with a magnet on the back. If I would have bought each of the items alone, it would have cost more than the dollar it cost me to buy the kit. The brush and the paint impressed me with their quality.

My Dollar General Butterfly - finished butterfly on fridge

Load More
    Crafts OtherApril 24, 2012
    😷
    🎂
    🎃
    🌻
    https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf919628.tip.html