Homemade Refrigerator Magnets

Category Other
There are many fun ways to make creative magnets. This guide is about homemade decorative magnets.

I save the tins with cute, vintage looking graphics after cleaning out my cupboards to make desk sets and/or refridgerator magnets! They would make a cute gift too.

• old spice or baking tins
  • magnetic tape

Directions:

• Just add tape to the back of old spice tins from your cupboards for a cute vintage desk set or pencil/stamp container on your fridge.
  • Ad

A good use for those business cards that are attached to magnets. You can cut a photo to size and glue to magnet and place on your refrigerator.

By Kate from Gainesvile, FL

Give your fridge color with some cute magnets and let Uncle Sam bring in the 4th of July. With a few scrap supplies and glue or thread, you can whip these up in no time.

Approximate Time: 1 hr.

Instructions:

The bodies on all are assembled in the same way. I chose to glue a half of an emery board or Popsicle stick inside the 2 body parts to make them more firm. This is optional. I hand sewed my pieces together, but you can glue them instead. After body pieces are together, just punch holes at bottom and tie string on for legs. Thread your beads on or sew on pom poms. Punch a hole in each shoe and tie on to end of string. Refer to pictures for placement of pieces. When done, glue magnet on back.

TIPS:

Uncle Sam: If using pipe cleaners, curl around pencil and sandwich ends in between body parts before sewing or gluing. For mustache, roll a small piece of stuffing and tie in center with thread. Glue on face.

Bunny: Cut ears from felt and bend a piece of pipe cleaner into a "V" to fit inside. Sew closed and sandwich in between body parts. This will allow you to bend ears, if desired.

Chicken: Sandwich feathers in between body parts before sewing or gluing.

Lamb: Pom poms are glued on.

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

This is what you really wish you could put on your office door.

These adorable ladybugs will bring you much joy when you put them on your refrigerator. Use simple supplies to craft these beautiful insects.

I buy packages of metal fridge magnet frames at the euro shop and decoupage them. I cut out matching pictures from magazines to put into the frames to make them fancier.

These make wonderful little gifts. I have also sold these at Xmas and Easter bazaars.

Christine Weber0 found this helpful

For the kid in all of us. Pick up a used Scrabble game at the thrift store and create a set of alphabet magnets to grace a fridge door!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I got a free image on Pinterest of several shapes of thread spools.I thought it would be a cool idea to use up some old trim I found for .50 a box.

This one is a shout out to the magnificent Rubik's Cube.

Refrigerator magnet featuring mouse on piece of cheese.

This cute bumble bee magnet is sure to be all the "buzz" hanging on your refrigerator.

For the prettiest magnets use vintage earrings or brooches. I cut off the pin back on the brooches and the clip-on part of the earrings. Attach a small magnet with E-6000. I first noticed this idea at a craft show. They were selling for $5.00 and up to $10.00 each.

These joyfully smiling flower faced magnets are adorable in the kitchen, not to mention easy and fun for kids to create.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Following the instructions in the booklet, I made the letters that spelled out each of my childrens' names. I glued googly eyes tiny pom pom noses onto each of them. Then I attached a magnet to the back of each one.

A quick and easy craft, great for school stalls:

I went to the Dollar General and decided to paint a little butterfly. It comes in a kit with acrylic paints and a brush and the butterfly with a magnet on the back. If I would have bought each of the items alone, it would have cost more than the dollar it cost me to buy the kit. The brush and the paint impressed me with their quality.

I found this at Spenser's Alley, a wonderful craft "mini mall" here in Salem, OR where I live.

Cute, quick and frugal gifts or decorations! The magnets are used canning jar lids and smaller ones are from frozen OJ concentrate can ends. Base coat white or brown and paint faces.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A fun project for the kids or adults in the family is making decorative magnets. They can be used in your home or given as gifts. This is a guide about making decorative magnets.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about making beaded bottlecap magnets. Any small beads will work to make a set of these pretty magnets.

My daughter made these little foam art magnets for her dad on Father's Day. You could use these for any season or occasion. She cut out shapes and put adhesive backed magnetic stripping on the back.

I find old unused broaches, take the back clip off and add a magnet to the back. I use them on the refrigerator to hold notes and stuff.

I was doing a good cleaning on my refrigerator door and noticed most of my fridge magnets were advertisements. So, I went to my folder where I store pretty pictures, got out my glue stick, cut down a picture to slightly larger then magnet, and glued on a picture.

Load More