Making Glittery Glass Magnets
January 8, 2013
This tutorial teaches you how to make beautiful glittery glass magnets using a few materials and nail polish you probably have lying around your house.
You can replace the epoxy with super glue, but I prefer the epoxy for its strength. Since the other supplies are usually sold in bulk, you can make dozens of magnets in a small amount of time. These make great gifts, but you'll want to keep a few for yourself!
Total Time: 30 minutes (not including drying times)
- 1 bag glass mosaic "globes" ($4)
- 1 tube epoxy ($4)
- 1 bottle glitter nail polish ($2)
- 1 bottle solid color nail polish ($2)
- 1 package magnets ($3)
- Paint the back of a glass globe with 2 to 3 coats of glittery nail polish, depending on how much glitter you want.
- Paint over the glitter nail polish with 3 coats of solid colored nail polish. Let the nail polish completely harden.
- Mix epoxy. Dab the magnet in the epoxy and attach it to the back of the globe.
- Let epoxy dry completely before use.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.