Glittery Glass Magnets

contest winner icon
This tutorial teaches you how to make beautiful glittery glass magnets using a few materials and nail polish you probably have lying around your house.

You can replace the epoxy with super glue, but I prefer the epoxy for its strength. Since the other supplies are usually sold in bulk, you can make dozens of magnets in a small amount of time. These make great gifts, but you'll want to keep a few for yourself!

Total Time: 30 minutes (not including drying times)

Yield: 20+

1. Paint the back of a glass globe with 2 to 3 coats of glittery nail polish, depending on how much glitter you want.
  2. Paint over the glitter nail polish with 3 coats of solid colored nail polish. Let the nail polish completely harden.
  3. Mix epoxy. Dab the magnet in the epoxy and attach it to the back of the globe.
  4. Let epoxy dry completely before use.
  5. Ad

I find these fun and they are great to use when you need something to hold down a recipe! They are just fun, I keep lots of rocks and things I make somewhat like these, I love glittery and shiny things!

Very nice!
Robyn from Tennessee

Pretty! This would be a good way to use up some of my large nail polish collection! Thanks for sharing :)

I'm called the "glitter Queen" around here, so I absolutely adore your idea. Using only the epoxy, I'm sure I could create a wall hanging of some sort, huh?

Here is one of my glass rocks I keep in a drawer! It has such a happy face!

Ooh! I'm glad you guys like it! The wall hanging idea sounds great.

Plus, I have black and bright yellow nail polish. I might make a smiley face magnet!

I love mine - thanks felicity