Bumble Bee Magnet
This cute bumble bee magnet is sure to be all the "buzz" hanging on your refrigerator.
- plastic spoons
- plaster of Paris
- round magnets
- yellow and black paint
- paint brush
- yellow and black craft foam
- googly eyes
- black pipe cleaner
- Set up the spoons so they lie flat and will hold the plaster when poured in to mold. I used rolled up newspaper taped to the bottom of a cardboard box, but you could also use a small book, play dough, etc. Use as many spoons as bees you would like to make.
- Mix the plaster of Paris according to the directions on the box. Pour the mix into each of the plastic spoons.
- Place a round magnet into each spoon of plaster and allow to dry. I let mine dry overnight.
- Remove mold from spoon and paint entire front yellow. Allow to dry, then add black stripes.
- Cut out wings from the yellow craft foam and glue to the sides of the bee. I used hot glue, but other glue may work as well.
- Cut out a head from the black craft foam and glue to the top of the bee.
- Glue on googly eyes and black pipe cleaner antennas. Allow all to dry.
- Proudly hang on your refrigerator for everyone to buzz about!
By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!