Paper Spool Shaped Magnets and Pins
I got a free image on Pinterest for several shapes of thread spools.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Source: I saw this idea on Pinterest and ran with it.
- 3 sq in card stock paper ($.05)
- 3 sq in scrap booking paper ($.05)
- multiple scrap trims ($0-.15)
- 1 hot glue gun ($.02)
- 2 magnets ($.15)
- 1 pin backs ($.25)
- 1 straight pin ($.001)
- With your template, cut the shapes you need. I did double paper and cut them at the same time for exactness.
- Choose your trims well. You don't want so much on the back that your magnets or pins don't work.
- Wrap just enough around for effect. Hot glue a pin back on for the smaller ones and a magnet or two for the larger ones.
- For a special effect, pin the front of each spool with a real straight pin. Make sure it's embedded into the back so the glue covers it, or inside the fabric in the front for safety. I made one from plastic canvas, but didn't like it.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!