Paper Spool Shaped Magnets and Pins

I got a free image on Pinterest for several shapes of thread spools.

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 1

Source: I saw this idea on Pinterest and ran with it.

1. With your template, cut the shapes you need. I did double paper and cut them at the same time for exactness.
  2. Choose your trims well. You don't want so much on the back that your magnets or pins don't work.
  3. Wrap just enough around for effect. Hot glue a pin back on for the smaller ones and a magnet or two for the larger ones.
  4. Ad

5. For a special effect, pin the front of each spool with a real straight pin. Make sure it's embedded into the back so the glue covers it, or inside the fabric in the front for safety. I made one from plastic canvas, but didn't like it.