Grass is Growing!

Hooray! I've finally got the most beautiful green grass where there was almost no grass, thanks to all those used coffee grounds I put out last month! I promised to report on it since I had so little to lose by doing it on almost bare dirt! I have no idea how the grass not only greened up but also spread way into the barest areas.

My son, who mows the lawn regularly, almost dropped his teeth when he saw it. Wow, I had no idea we'd get such g-r-e-a-t results. I just can't stop raving and should have a camera, darn it! My son will possibly get my car repaired this month and every time I pass a restaurant or coffee shop, I'll stop by and ask for their used grounds. It took about 20 - 10 lb. bags for 25'x100' on the side, applied like thin top soil, and I wished that I had more to have been able to green up the front lawn as well.

They all just throw the used coffee grounds into the trash/landfill, so please get some, try a weak spot on your own lawn and see if it works for you. That amount I used is not weight, but rather an approximate amount as if it were a large 10 lb. sugar bag size!

So, try to imagine what you need. It worked for us. I pray it works for you, too. God bless the free fertilizer (nitrogen only), which we needed ever so badly! If I ever get too much, I'll just add it like "greens" to the compost, too.

ground coffee
Uses for Coffee Grounds
Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerNovember 21, 2006
Cat in wheat grass
Growing Wheat Grass for Your Pets
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Johnson Grass
Getting Rid of Johnson Grass
Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks
Solutions for Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks
🎉
🎄