Getting Rid of Bermuda Grass

Category Grassy Weeds
Bermuda grass is a popular choice for lawns in hot areas. Because it is very a very durable grass type it is very difficult to get rid of. This is a guide about getting rid of bermuda grass.

Does the homemade weed killer kill Bermuda grass? I rocked my front yard and the landscaper who did it did not lay any type of ground cover before laying the rocks. Now I have Bermuda grass and weeds coming up. Most of the weed killers over the counter do get rid of the weeds, but I haven't found anything to get rid of the Bermuda grass. Thank you in advance for your help.

By Anette from Chandler, AZ

Answers:

Getting Rid of Bermuda Grass

I suggest to pour gas on it or cover it with plastic for a few weeks, good luck. (04/12/2009)

By kathleen williams

Getting Rid of Bermuda Grass

This website will give you instructions on how to get rid of Bermuda grass and which grass killer to use.

http://www.scotts.com/smg/solve/solution/solutionArticle.jsp?detailId=11400010andparentId=100015

(04/12/2009)

By Joy

Getting Rid of Bermuda Grass

Depending on what else is growing (wanted) in the area, boiling water will kill Bermuda grass. It only works on the current crop though. Bermuda grass re-seeds itself prolifically, so you may want to use Preen or some other re-emergent products after you take care of the existing grass issues. Good luck! (04/14/2009)

By Eileen M.