Hiding Garden Hose

Even though I'm an avid gardener, visible hoses have always been an irritation to me! Gotta have them though! I hate those reels, but I hate them lying on the ground even more. You can buy 'fancy' containers in which to store your hoses, but I haven't been able to talk myself into spending the $ for them!

I've tried everything imaginable, until I had an 'aha' moment last week. I purchased an 18-gallon, green, storage container from WalMart for $6.00. Then I had hubby drill a hole in the center and toward the bottom of the container.

I snaked the female end of the hose through the hole and behind some plants and connected it to the faucet. Then I curled the hose inside the container and closed the lid.

To ensure the wind didn't blow the lid off, I put a couple of small plants on top, then to disguise the container, I put a larger, more mature potted plant in front of it.

Watering is easier now that I don't have to worry about dragging the hose over plants nor do I worry about disturbing the mulch. Just lift out the hose, turn on the faucet, and I'm ready to water.

Works great for me and I don't have to 'hide' hoses when I'm photographing or just want to relax in the gardens. I tried only one initially, but now that I see how well it works, I'll be going back for more containers to place in other gardens.

By Norma from Parrott, GA

Garden hose
Garden Hose Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsMay 19, 2011
girl looking at a pimple
Hiding a Pimple
Repairing a Hole in a Garden Hose
Repairing a Hole in a Garden Hose
Spray Bottles With a Hose Connector
Uses for Spray Bottles With Hose Connectors
Money hidden in a china sugar pot.
Hiding Valuables