Repairing a Hole in a Garden Hose

Category Irrigation
This is a guide about repairing a hole in a garden hose. Before you throw away a damaged garden hose, try some of these tips to repair it.

How do I fix a small hole in my garden hose? Is there tape or glue I can use?

By Sue Kehr from Goshen, IN

Answers

Best Answer

Tape or glue might hold for a short time, but a permanent fix is to use a hose mender available at a hardware or garden supply store.

You can buy at the hardware store for a couple of bucks a plastic part. You cut the hose in half where the leak is and insert the plastic piece in to each end of the hose and the screw them together. I forget what they are called but have used them on my hoses. I don't think any tape or glue will hold up over repeated use.

You might wrap plumber's tape around it, then cover it very tightly with a matching duct tape. I don't know if that would work or not, You need to make sure the hose is clean and dry. We've got a hose with the same problem, and I need to try that myself.