Browsing: Removing Pet Hair From Car Upholstery

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Pet Hair From Car Upholstery

Pets can leave a veritable carpet of hair on your car upholstery. This is a guide about removing pet hair from car upholstery.

A dog riding in a car.

June 25, 2005 Flag

The back interior of my car is covered in dog hair from us taking our dog from place to place. We have tried laying an old blanket down and that helps some but most the hair is just embedded in the upholstery. Any tips on how to lift it? We have tried vacuuming and that magic magnetized wand that supposedly lifts pet hair (didn't work).

TexasTeacher

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Try using a sponge, either slightly damp or dry, to remove dog hair.

ewingmamma

Best Answer

Hairspray. Spray a fine mist on a damp towel (better than a smooth cloth) and wipe the seat, sofa, or whatever. Works for dust too. Mimics those new, expensive products that claim to "attract and hold" dust.

Best Answer

I tried all the recommendations here and I was working for hours. I finally settled on something that wasn't recommended that worked the best - a wire brush. Not only did it brush the hair out, but it got out a lot of unseen dirt and debris. I could actually smell the nastiness that it brought up out of the upholstery.

Try it yourself. Use a rubber glove first, and when you think you're done, use the wire brush on areas you thought were clean and you'll be in for a big surprise.

Best Answer

There is a new product circulating in the auto detailing industry called Fur-Zoff. I got one from their website, furzoff.net, and love it! it gets the hair that is tangled into the carpet and all. Much better that sticky tape and I like it better than rubber products plus it does not wear out. It gathers the hair into a yarn-like piece and I just pull it off and keep going. It works in the home too. My wife uses one to get the cat hair off our bedspread every night.

I have tried cheap yellow rubber washing gloves and have found that they work really well especially when the fur hides between the back of the seat and the seat itself. Just wear the gloves and scoop up the hair with your fingers and it comes right away.

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoDecember 3, 2012
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 19, 2016 at 4:12:58 PM on 10.0.1.165 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.