Removing Pet Hair From Car Upholstery

Pets can leave a veritable carpet of hair on your car upholstery. This is a guide about removing pet hair from car upholstery.

June 25, 2005 Flag

The back interior of my car is covered in dog hair from us taking our dog from place to place. We have tried laying an old blanket down and that helps some but most the hair is just embedded in the upholstery. Any tips on how to lift it? We have tried vacuuming and that magic magnetized wand that supposedly lifts pet hair (didn't work).

TexasTeacher

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I saw a program on public television. The guy said to use a household kitchen rubber glove. Just put on the glove and lightly brush over the uphostery. The hair is supposed brush right off. Good luck!!

Best Answer

I just get some duct tape and fold over inside out making a loop and put your hand inside and it will work great!

Best Answer

Try using a sponge, either slightly damp or dry, to remove dog hair.

sewingmamma

Best Answer

Hairspray. Spray a fine mist on a damp towel (better than a smooth cloth) and wipe the seat, sofa, or whatever. Works for dust too. Mimics those new, expensive products that claim to "attract and hold" dust.

Best Answer

I tried all the recommendations here and I was working for hours. I finally settled on something that wasn't recommended that worked the best - a wire brush. Not only did it brush the hair out, but it got out a lot of unseen dirt and debris. I could actually smell the nastiness that it brought up out of the upholstery.

Try it yourself. Use a rubber glove first, and when you think you're done, use the wire brush on areas you thought were clean and you'll be in for a big surprise.

Best Answer

There is a new product circulating in the auto detailing industry called Fur-Zoff. I got one from their website, furzoff.net, and love it! it gets the hair that is tangled into the carpet and all. Much better that sticky tape and I like it better than rubber products plus it does not wear out. It gathers the hair into a yarn-like piece and I just pull it off and keep going. It works in the home too. My wife uses one to get the cat hair off our bedspread every night.

OMG! The rubber glove method really works! When I first read about it, I was sure it was a load of dog crap, but I tried it and it absolutely DOES WORK! A previous roommate had a very large Great Dane - Dane's have very stiff, short hair. He would stand up in my car and stick his head out the roof, rubbing his back on the ceiling. My entire headliner is permeated with hair.

I tried a few other things including damp towels and duct tape. The tape was slightly effective, but there was SO MUCH hair that is was taking forever. Then I tried the rubber glove trick and it's just falling out effortlessly. WOW. thanks to whoever discovered this and thanks to those of you who posted.

Use rows of duct tape and pull off, and the hair comes right up. When you are done, put duct tape strips on the floor and so the next time your dog is back there, it will be sitting on the tape instead of the car upholstery.

I have tried "rubber gloves, sticky tape, rubber dog grooming brushes" and found them all to work up to a point.The main draw back is the time it takes to finish the task and dispose of the rubbish. I found on the net an attachment that fits a vacuum cleaner suction pipe and works extremely well in picking up stubborn hairs. It's called "seathog".

I have used this vacuum cleaner attachment, it fits onto the suction pipe and is easy to apply and use, it's called a "Seathog". The attachment catches and pulls out those difficult hairs as well as lose hairs being sucked up by the vacuum cleaner.Hope this helps.Good luck!

Try http://www.stirtsystems.com

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoDecember 3, 2012
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 8:17:44 PM on 10.0.1.11 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.