Cleaning Car Upholstery

I have a yellow Labrador and she travels in the car when we go for walks, so the car is muddy and covered in yellow hairs. I tried to vacuum them up, but it won't work and the hair is everywhere! Also when I was clearing my garden I had to take the leaves to the tip which has left the car covered in tiny little grains of soil which I am also not able to get out.

I have tried all different types of Hoovers, but none seem to work. The hair and leaves are on the carpet, the seats, and in all sorts of nooks and crannies. The car isn't leather and is cloth. Please any help is much appreciated!

By e.whalley23

Answers

Best Answer

Try a lint brush to get the dog hair up. The type you need is the lint brush that is sticky-has a tape around it and the hair will stick to it.

Brush dried mud off the seat, wash it off the hard parts of the car.

Take your car to a commercial car wash and use one of their vacuums as they are more powerful usually. You need to put an old blanket or something for the dog to ride on.

Just a fyi--back in the early 1980's I worked for an insurance company in the office. If you get into an accident, and your cars bluebook value is $6000 and your car is clean and appears to have been maintained and kept nice, you get the full $6000. But if it is dirty, smells of cats, dogs or body odor, the adjuster knocks that off the money they give you. Also remember that when you then ride in the car, that hair and mud transfers to your clothing.

Answer this Question

11 More Questions

I have a 2007 Ridgeline and the seats look "nasty". This is mainly from when we went swimming. The kids were wet, which left stains. Then the grandbaby's bottle has also leaked. I have tried to wash it with just a damp cloth and also tried upholstery cleaner. Now they are even worse looking. I know they're clean, but just look bad. How can I get the stains out?

By Linda D Edwards from Harriman, TN

Answers

They need to be steam cleaned. A body shop can do it or you can do it with a hand steam cleaner.

Back when I was in the US, I went on fishing trips with my kids often, the car used to stink bad when we came back. I used to take my car for professional detailing with www.detailxperts.net/ used to love the fresh smell the car had after the detailing was done.

Answer this Question

I have got paint on my car upholstery. Any ideas what I use to cover it?

Thank you.

Answer this Question

Some interior valeting service sprayed silicone all over the car seats and boots. Could you advise how to remove silicone?

Answers

I would get an estimate from a car washing company and go back to the valet service and have them pay for it.

Answer this Question

I have water marks on my car seat material. I have tried various detergents, upholstery cleaners, etc. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

By kenkenhynes

Answer this Question

A leak in a old class CRV left marks on the fabric behind the driver seat up to the bed above. It looks similar to burlap and is beige in color. Help!

By Say

Answer this Question

How can I get nail varnish out of my car seat?

By Donna

Answer this Question

I have a car that was sitting outside a cabinet shop and the window was partly down. The car is filled with sawdust. How can I clean the sawdust out of carpet, seats, and vents?

By Debbie

Answer this Question

How do you get the spots out of your car's seat?

By amber ashely from Gay, GA

Answer this Question

It just happened! Bringing home two pizzas and a container of extra sauce, that ended up opening and dumping onto my new, light gray upholstered car seat! AUGH!! I had even used an over the counter upholstery protection spray previously on the seats, but it didn't seem to help at all!

Spray bottle with cleaner

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

How can I remove stubborn stains on upholstery in my car?

I have cloth seats in my Accord and they are very dirty. I have tried washing them with soap and water, but the stains keep coming back up. Can someone help?

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoDecember 31, 2012
😷
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Car-Upholstery.html