Cleaning Pet Hair and Soil from Inside Car

I have a yellow Labrador and she travels in the car when we go for walks, so the car is muddy and covered in yellow hairs. I tried to vacuum them up, but it won't work and the hair is everywhere! Also when I was clearing my garden I had to take the leaves to the tip which has left the car covered in tiny little grains of soil which I am also not able to get out.

I have tried all different types of Hoovers, but none seem to work. The hair and leaves are on the carpet, the seats, and in all sorts of nooks and crannies. The car isn't leather and is cloth. Please any help is much appreciated!

By e.whalley23

Best Answer

Try a lint brush to get the dog hair up. The type you need is the lint brush that is sticky-has a tape around it and the hair will stick to it.

Brush dried mud off the seat, wash it off the hard parts of the car.

Take your car to a commercial car wash and use one of their vacuums as they are more powerful usually. You need to put an old blanket or something for the dog to ride on.

Just a fyi--back in the early 1980's I worked for an insurance company in the office. If you get into an accident, and your cars bluebook value is $6000 and your car is clean and appears to have been maintained and kept nice, you get the full $6000. But if it is dirty, smells of cats, dogs or body odor, the adjuster knocks that off the money they give you. Also remember that when you then ride in the car, that hair and mud transfers to your clothing.

Flylady.net has a line of brushes called Rubba Scrubbas. They are purple and work well on human and pet hair. I have the set

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoMarch 16, 2014
👒
👔
😷
🐛
🌻