Removing Pet Hair From Car Upholstery

Category Auto
Pets can leave a veritable carpet of hair on your car upholstery. This is a guide about removing pet hair from car upholstery.

The back interior of my car is covered in dog hair from us taking our dog from place to place. We have tried laying an old blanket down and that helps some but most the hair is just embedded in the upholstery. Any tips on how to lift it? We have tried vacuuming and that magic magnetized wand that supposedly lifts pet hair (didn't work).

TexasTeacher

Answers

Best Answer

I saw a program on public television. The guy said to use a household kitchen rubber glove. Just put on the glove and lightly brush over the uphostery. The hair is supposed brush right off. Good luck!!

Best Answer

I just get some duct tape and fold over inside out making a loop and put your hand inside and it will work great!

Best Answer

Try using a sponge, either slightly damp or dry, to remove dog hair.
sewingmamma

Best Answer

Hairspray. Spray a fine mist on a damp towel (better than a smooth cloth) and wipe the seat, sofa, or whatever. Works for dust too. Mimics those new, expensive products that claim to "attract and hold" dust.

Best Answer

I tried all the recommendations here and I was working for hours. I finally settled on something that wasn't recommended that worked the best - a wire brush. Not only did it brush the hair out, but it got out a lot of unseen dirt and debris. I could actually smell the nastiness that it brought up out of the upholstery.

Try it yourself. Use a rubber glove first, and when you think you're done, use the wire brush on areas you thought were clean and you'll be in for a big surprise.

Best Answer

There is a new product circulating in the auto detailing industry called Fur-Zoff. I got one from their website, furzoff.net, and love it! it gets the hair that is tangled into the carpet and all. Much better that sticky tape and I like it better than rubber products plus it does not wear out. It gathers the hair into a yarn-like piece and I just pull it off and keep going. It works in the home too. My wife uses one to get the cat hair off our bedspread every night.

How do I remove cat hair from the floor mats in my van?

Answers

I would use the vacuum at a car wash. If it doesn't get it all, use a lint roller.

Flylady.net has a set of purple brushes called Rubba Sweepers. They are great for picking up hair, whether it's human or animal hair. They are great quality and do the job well.