Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Free Cookbook Creator Program

A group of us are trying to put together a cookbook to sell at a fundraiser. We need a free program to do these on our home computers. We don't have any start up to pay a publisher. Anyone know where I can download a free cookbook creator program?

Shala from Zanesville, OH

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Pam [7]10/24/2008

It looks like Better Homes and gardens has one that you can use if your a member

http://freebies.about.com/od/freeprintables/p/createcookboook.htm

By Buffy (Guest Post)10/23/2008

Go to "Search for Answers" on the top of the thriftyfun webpage and search on "cookbook software". The first hit you get there is a prior thriftyfun discussion on this topic.
I have another thought, too. I am a big user of recipecircus.com. This site lets me enter and organize all my own recipes. You and your friends could get JUST ONE free recipecircus account and then all use the same user name and password to enter your recipes. Then they would all be categorized and in one place. You'd have to check whether you could print in a format you liked from recipecircus or have someone cut and paste into other software.
Of course, there are other sites like recipecircus, too, and others may print out in a format you prefer.
Good luck!

By Beverly Ross [2]10/23/2008

We put out a cookbook at my church. I just typed up all the recipes in a way that looked pleasing to me. I chose to do this with Word. I made the margins as small as I could. I think they were about .5" or maybe .6". The paper was in landscape mode. This was achieved in page set up. Then I make 2 columns with 1.2" space between columns. This created 2 pages. Then I just typed in all the recipes. I tried to type recipes all on one page whenever possible. If not then I would fill in with a short recipe. I put all recipes in categories before I started. But you could create a separate file for each category instead. I did not. I numbered all the pages as I typed. To have them go together in book for better, start with page one in the second column. Column 1 can be used for a cover page. At the end of each category I included several pages labeled at the top with "Additional Recipes.
When they were printed I printed out just one copy of each page. Then we used a copier for more copies. Copy the SAME page on the front and back of a sheet. Then cut paper in half with a good paper cutter. You will have page one and two on each of two papers. You need to do that with all pages of the book. We bound ours with the plastic comb binders. But some we punched holes in and fit into a small 3 ring binder. After all is printed out, I created page separaters on card stock. These were in color and labeled again in 2 columns with the name of the category on each side. Then you can go through and create an index. It took a lot of work but we got a lot of compliments.
Good luck with yours

By Elaine (Guest Post)10/23/2008

If you go to Microsoft home page they have a section on templates. You could find a template there that you could use plus lots of other great free (really free) templates for brochures, flyers and everything else. They look professional and take a second to down load onto your computer.

Elaine