Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Removing Glue From Drywall

0EmailPrintFollowSave

What's the best way to remove hardened glue left on drywall after removing old paneling? The drywall is in good shape except for a few X's marked where the old glue was.

Yvonne from Springfield, VA

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

09/16/2008 Flag

Simply gently sand with a fine sand paper but be sure to cover furniture, etc. because it will create drywall dust ...

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By mark (Guest Post) 02/28/2009 Flag

I used dib and removed off all the wallpaper but I still have residual glue on the wall board how do I get it off?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

03/01/2009 Flag

Same answer, Mark :-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan K. (Guest Post) 03/02/2009 Flag

I removed wallpaper using just hot water in a spray bottle. Notice it did as well as adding any other product to the water. However, then I painted the wall with a oil based primer because I was advised that glue would bleed through if I didn't do so. But now that I have put the final paint on, the glue bleeds through only in certain lights. It is not awful but it is not acceptable to me. What can I do now to remove the glue impression since I have painted the wall. Thank you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes