Removing Glue From Drywall

What's the best way to remove hardened glue left on drywall after removing old paneling? The drywall is in good shape except for a few X's marked where the old glue was.

Yvonne from Springfield, VA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Simply gently sand with a fine sand paper but be sure to cover furniture, etc. because it will create drywall dust ...

I used dib and removed off all the wallpaper but I still have residual glue on the wall board how do I get it off?

Same answer, Mark :-)

I removed wallpaper using just hot water in a spray bottle. Notice it did as well as adding any other product to the water. However, then I painted the wall with a oil based primer because I was advised that glue would bleed through if I didn't do so. But now that I have put the final paint on, the glue bleeds through only in certain lights. It is not awful but it is not acceptable to me. What can I do now to remove the glue impression since I have painted the wall. Thank you.

Answer

Home and Garden Home Improvement Dry WallSeptember 15, 2008
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Sticker Glue from Wood Furniture
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
Drywall in Need of Repair
Repairing Drywall
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 10:59:34 PM on 10.0.0.75 in 808 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.