Removing Glue From Drywall

What's the best way to remove hardened glue left on drywall after removing old paneling? The drywall is in good shape except for a few X's marked where the old glue was.

Yvonne from Springfield, VA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Simply gently sand with a fine sand paper but be sure to cover furniture, etc. because it will create drywall dust ...

I used dib and removed off all the wallpaper but I still have residual glue on the wall board how do I get it off?

Same answer, Mark :-)

I removed wallpaper using just hot water in a spray bottle. Notice it did as well as adding any other product to the water. However, then I painted the wall with a oil based primer because I was advised that glue would bleed through if I didn't do so. But now that I have put the final paint on, the glue bleeds through only in certain lights. It is not awful but it is not acceptable to me. What can I do now to remove the glue impression since I have painted the wall. Thank you.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Dry WallSeptember 15, 2008
Gorilla Glue
Removing Gorilla Glue From Microfiber
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
Drywall in Need of Repair
Repairing Drywall
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 12:44:01 PM on 10.0.0.240 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.