Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Glue From Drywall

What's the best way to remove hardened glue left on drywall after removing old paneling? The drywall is in good shape except for a few X's marked where the old glue was.

Yvonne from Springfield, VA

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Joan K. (Guest Post)03/02/2009

I removed wallpaper using just hot water in a spray bottle. Notice it did as well as adding any other product to the water. However, then I painted the wall with a oil based primer because I was advised that glue would bleed through if I didn't do so. But now that I have put the final paint on, the glue bleeds through only in certain lights. It is not awful but it is not acceptable to me. What can I do now to remove the glue impression since I have painted the wall. Thank you.

By Anonymous [848]03/01/2009

Same answer, Mark :-)

By mark (Guest Post)02/28/2009

I used dib and removed off all the wallpaper but I still have residual glue on the wall board how do I get it off?

By Anonymous [848]09/16/2008

Simply gently sand with a fine sand paper but be sure to cover furniture, etc. because it will create drywall dust ...