Cleaning an Oven Window

I was given a rather nice gas stove with a small window in the middle of the oven door to see inside while it is baking. This window is not able to be seen through very clearly. What do I use to clean it? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Also, if you have or know someone who has used that method successfully.

Thanks, everyone.
Angellface from Seymour, CT

Do you have one of those handheld steam cleaners like they

sell on QVC or HSN? They show how they use them to clean

oven windows among many other things. I have wanted one for

so long.. but then too I am a sucker for all those gagets.. I have way

too many things like that that I dont use, or give away. Good luck!

P.S. Walgreens has them too in their "as seen on Tv aisle."

Old stoves seem to get steam in between the glass. The only solution is to take the oven door apart and actually clean between I did mine about 10 years ago and it is still fine. Just be careful putting the seals in.

I use a magic eraser on mine.. comes out spotless! Also use it for my toaster oven window.. if the dirt is inbetween the 2 peices of glass then you have to take it apart.

You need to take the door apart because the dirt & steam is inside and cleaning the outside will not help .take the screws out one at a time and hold the front part of the door on your knees [while squatting down in front of the stove] be careful with the seal and have your alcohol and a clean rag handy or window cleaner either one, but after cleaning, make sure you dry the glass REAL good otherwise you'll have the same problem again. put the door back together and put the screws in and you're finished. it's easy to do and you can do it.

Oven Window
Cleaning an Oven Window
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMarch 7, 2006
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Unseasoned Dutch Oven
Seasoning a Dutch Oven