Support for the Garden Path

Because our yard is 2 steps down from "The Path Garden" and we had to pile dirt (sand bags) up to keep the rain from flooding the back yard. So we just built the planting area like a raised bed. I needed a support to step down to the path. Here is what we came up with. A pipe in the ground with a little cement to make it study. Then we put a clay pot down over the pipe and filled it with plants. I put an old plastic apple over the pipe for a handle. It is leaning some now because kids destroyed the first pot/flowers and tried to pull the pipe out. But I guess they weren't strong enough to get it out. Anyway hubby hammered it back in the ground. Don't laugh, It still works.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark,Ca.

I love your garden support. Your flowers are beautiful and I don't know why anyone would laugh at your garden path support! Good job!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Reminds me of one we built beside the step up from the path to the patio for my great aunt. We anchored hers in a PVC pipe driven into the ground and filled with cement. We planted flowers around it. Most people were drawn to the flowers and never noticed the support but Aunt Mabel and her elderly friends made great use of it.

Reply Like this photo? Yes