Making Silk Flower Petal Soap

I went to a Tea Room awhile back and used their restroom and when I washed my hands they had this dish with silk flower petals in it that had scented soap that coated them. You used one petal to wash your hands, that was all you needed.

Can anyone please tell me how they made these silk soap petals. I would really like to know how to do this.

Kay from Clyde, TX

I bought the soap making pack of soap base at Michael's and melted according to instructions. I dismantled my artificial flower blooms and dipped them, then let them dry on wax paper...very easy. and pretty as you say displayed in a bowl.

These are very easy to make. Just use melt and

pour soap you can buy at a craft type store.

You can melt this two way, in a double boiler or in themicrowave. Just be careful

to not let it get to hot. You may add a scent to the melted soap. Have wax paper laid out. Using tweezers dip the silk

flowers petals you have cut apart into the melted soap. Place on the wax paper to dry. That's it.

Hey Kay,

I live in Abilene, where is this tea shop you are talking about? I'd like to go myself. And if I do, I'll ask them if they can tell me! It sounds really pretty and feminine. I love stuff like that! You don't get to see stuff like that very often. Have a great week!

Much love, Cindy

Hi Cindy, It was in Baird, Tx. It is closed now due to slow business. In a small town it is so hard to make a living with a small clientele. It was a lovely old 2 story house and I really did enjoy going there and the two ladies that owned it were so sweet. I'm sorry you missed out on such a delightful place. The whole place was decorated so beautifully. Sorry you missed out on it. Love Kay

That sounds so lovely! And what a great use for silk flowers that are no longer fresh looking! Thanks!

That sounds so cool. It will be a great touch to the bathroom. I am in Brownwood, Texas would love to see something like that.

I purchased from the "Dollar Store" a box of decorative soap that looks and appears to be silk flower rose buds. they even had all separate petals and everything but they were actually perfumed bath soaps that you add the petals to your bath. Your post made me think of them.

Crafts Using Silk Flowers
Crafts Using Silk Flowers
Crafts Soap MakingApril 21, 2008
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Golden silk fabric
Cleaning Silk
Silk Flower Fairies
Making Silk Flower Fairies
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄