Making Silk Flower Fairies
Silk flowers can be disassembled and used to make delightful flower fairies. This is a guide about making silk flower fairies.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Easy to make Flower Fairies using artificial flowers, pipe cleaners, wooden balls, yarn, and acrylic paint.
- artificial flowers taken apart
- pipe cleaners
- wooden ball
- acrylic paint
- Take pipe cleaner and fold in half, push wooden ball down over closed part of pipe cleaner until about 1 in. of pipe cleaner is sticking out, set aside.
- Take yarn and cut strands for hair as long as you want, then thread the yarn thru the 1 in. of pipe cleaner that is sticking out of wooden ball. Push ball up onto the yarn to hold it in place.
- Take flower petal and push halfway up the pipe cleaner and twist pipe cleaner under petal to hold in place.
- Paint on face.
- Bend the bottom of pipe cleaner under petal slightly to form feet.
- Take another pipe cleaner and measure across the fairy just under head to make arms. Cut long enough to twist pipe cleaner around underneath head so they will stay on then bend up slightly on ends to form hands.
By Sandy from Bluff City, TN
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I would like to find directions to make silk flower fairies on seed packets. I saw this some years ago and would love to make them now.
By Bonnie LouAnswer this Question...