Two Hearts Valentine's Card
Make your own unique Valentine's card to show that special person in your life just how much you care for them. All you need are a few scraps of paper, some wax crayons, and a touch of imagination. Add some kisses for a final flourish and you'll have the perfect greeting for February 14.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- scraps of thin cartridge paper or tissue paper
- a blank card and envelope
- a piece of coloured paper
- a pair of scissors
- non-toxic glue
- wax crayons
- a textured surface
- a metallic pen
- Find a textured surface such as a floor or wall panel from which to take a wax rubbing. Lay a piece of cartridge or tissue paper over the surface and rub a wax crayon over the paper until you get an impression. Rub a crayon in the opposite direction to build up the image.
Note: Use several different colours of crayons to add variety to your design.
- Cut a square out of the textured paper from step 1 and glue it onto the front of a blank card. Leave to dry.
- From a piece of coloured paper, cut out two heart shapes of slightly different sizes to fit within your textured background. Cut out a second heart from the centre of each shape to create a pair of heart silhouettes.
- Arrange the heart silhouettes on to the textured background and glue into place. Let dry.
- Use a metallic pen to draw a border around your finished design. Write a romantic greeting inside your card and then place it inside an envelope.
By Anne from United Kingdom
February 12, 20110 found this helpful
Aww this is wonderful. If i have time I might make this for my grandad thank you for the wonderful idea!
February 13, 20110 found this helpful
Very nice card idea. Easy enough for a child 8 years old to make too, so a 3rd grader should be just about right. (Maybe with a little bit of help and encouragement).
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 2, 2016 at 8:46:56 AM on 10.0.2.82 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us