Browsing: Cleaning a Leather Purse

Cleaning an Antique Leather Purse

I recently purchased a leather antique purse and wallet; I would like to clean and protect them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

By Laurie57 from Sunbury, PA

Answers

Best Answer

Don't do it. I use to have a lot of antiques. I tried to clean this one lamp as it looked horrible the way it was. I took it to a dealer and he told me never ever clean antiques. It is worth nothing when it is cleaned. The dirty look gives it the antique look. He also told me that if I had to clean something to use orange cleaner. I would try that on your purse but that is it.