Cleaning an Antique Leather Purse

I recently purchased a leather antique purse and wallet; I would like to clean and protect them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

By Laurie57 from Sunbury, PA

Best Answer

Don't do it. I use to have a lot of antiques. I tried to clean this one lamp as it looked horrible the way it was. I took it to a dealer and he told me never ever clean antiques. It is worth nothing when it is cleaned. The dirty look gives it the antique look. He also told me that if I had to clean something to use orange cleaner. I would try that on your purse but that is it.

Cleaning a Leather Purse
Cleaning a Leather Purse
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherOctober 5, 2009
Leather Purse
Cleaning Oil Stains on a Leather Purse
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
A table filled with antique nicknacks.
Starting an Antique Business
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather