Removing Buildup on Marble Shower

There are stains are on the marble floor tiles in the shower. These are the really tiny ones. It is not protected, and I think it is soap, limescale, and grease.

By Kim from Buckingham, UK

LA's Awesome keeps mine sparkling clean for $2/gallon at Walmart.

The best thing I can tell you is to get out the Scrubbing Bubbles for Tub and Tile. Use it really well with a stiff brush, let it set a bit according to directions, then wash off and don't let it continue to go without being protected! You can use bleach and water mixture as well, but the Scrubbing Bubbles is much easier, less scrubbing with a toothbrush!

You just better be careful what you use on that or you will ruin it and never be able to get that nice marble look again. Most cleaners etch the surface leaving it with a light white looking powdery finish that will not ever come out.

I have tried many many things others have recommended for hard water residue remover on marble pool tiles. I ruined most using them. I spent big bucks on products that didn't work. Finally I tried just plain hot white vinegar and that was the best. product. After it was removed, I used some Johnson and Johnson's Paste Wax over the surface of every tile in that pool for protection and to this day, they look spanking new still! Just be careful.

January 6, 2011 Flag

I want to know how to remove hard water spots on my marble shower wall and glass shower door. What product is safe for the marble as well as safe for humans? Thanks.

By Bessy from Los Angeles, CA

Answers:

Removing Buildup on Marble Shower

Try vinegar for mineral deposits. To keep clean, use concentrated vinegar spray. You might Google for 'extra strength'. I don't know where to buy, but have seen it mentioned. Google for other vinegar uses. Good luck! (12/08/2009)

By simplify

Removing Buildup on Marble Shower

If you look at the archives you'll find the post about using clarifying hair shampoo. It removes all residue of hair products from your hair and it removes all residue from soap products on your marble. It is mild enough to use on my fiberglass tub but strong enough to dissolve soap yuck. (12/10/2009)

By Beth

December 7, 2009 Flag

Our shower floor is made of 4 in. tumbled marble squares. We put it in five years ago, and some sort of hardened scum has developed around the drain. It could be soap or some chemical deposit from our water, as it is hard as a rock! It is in the grout but starting to spread across the tiles.

Is there a chemical I can use and not hurt the marble? Should I scrape it somehow? Please help! (The rest of the shower looks fine, it's just this area around the drain.)

Luz from Yonkers, NY

Answers:

Removing Buildup On Marble Shower

We have some marble around our pool and it gets build up too. BioGaurd-Off The Wall has helped for us. I think you can find it at hardware stores, if not at a pool store. Good Luck. (09/19/2008)

By katyad

Removing Buildup On Marble Shower

Sounds like hard water mineral deposits that are left after the water dries.

Carefully try using a dry 0000 steel wool pad with gentle pressure. You might also carefully try using a regular razor blade edge to gently scrape the deposit off. Use the blade on it's side with small sideways strokes against the surface of the marble. In this task, patience is definitely a virtue.

If you are successful in removing the deposits you may want to invest in a commercial marble polish, using it religiously. Keep your shower wiped DRY after every use!

I'm actually surprised that a builder used marble in a shower floor, as it is so susceptible to the problems caused by hard water. (09/23/2008)

By qtpuh2tme

Cleaning Marble
Cleaning Marble
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJanuary 6, 2011
Pink and red daisies in a clear glass vase.
Cleaning Buildup Inside a Vase
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Closeup of pink marble slab.
Removing Stains from Marble
🎄