Browsing: Reducing Your Dog's Shedding

Solutions For Shedding

I have a Jack Russell Terrier that really sheds, and all I know to do is suck it up with my vaccuum daily, and it's still full by morning. Keeping a sweater on her helps, but won't be good for the summer. If you know of any good solutions please let me know.

Sandy in Kansas

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

My pug sheds so badly that during her shedding seasons it's like a parting of the seas on my floor. We started using Linatone (about $18 at pet stores for a big bottle), and it helps dramatically (it's a vitamin and fatty oil mixture, and the dog begs for it). We put about 2T on her food at dinner. The other thing that helps is when we bathe her, we mix a little conditioner into the shampoo.

Linatone works great but it is pricey. Wal-Mart carries something equivalent to this and it is under $4.00 for an 8 oz. bottle. I have used it for years when I was a dog owner. It's advertised as a coat and skin supplement for dogs. It's found in the pet department -- dog section. It has been well over a year since I purchased it.

What is the name of the one from Wall-Mart? I am getting ready to start my dogs on something & I was going to buy EFA's but they're so expensive & I have 3 dogs. Thanks.

It sounds like you should take the dog to the Vet.

Jennifer

http://puppies-dogs-supplies.com/9307-dog-hair.html

Hope this helps.

My pug was shedding profusely........I started giving her a teaspoon of ground flax seed daily.....the results are amazing! I just put it in the bowl and she laps it up.

Hi! I have a Jack also and she has a broken coat (a mix between short and wire hair) and sheds really bad so I just run some hair clippers over her and then give her a bath. I hope this helps. Katie

A dog's brush next to a pile of dog hair.
Reducing Your Dog's Shedding
Pets DogsDecember 30, 2004
Cleaning Up Pet Hair
Cleaning Up Pet Hair
Rocks inside two mason jars.
Cheap Storage Solutions
A dog sitting on a couch.
Reducing Pet Hair in Your Home
A Persian cat with long hair.
Reducing Your Cat's Shedding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 12:30:13 PM on 10.0.2.219 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.