Plant Dying After Repotting

I think I'm killing my repotted plant. I believe I have put too much water in the new soil and now my "baby" is dying. She's my first one and I've managed to keep her alive for a year. What can I do to make it more healthy. Please help. Also, what kind of plant is this?

Krista

Best Answer

It's definitely a golden pothos, Krista, and I can empathize. I recently repotted my two and they weren't happy either. For the first little while, leaves turned yellow and wilted, but I persevered and tried not to worry. The watering schedule here is ~1/2 cup Tuesdays and Fridays: not too much to make the roots lazy, but enough to keep them alive. Clip off the dead and dying leaves so the plant's energy goes to sustaining the remainder of the plant? And keep the faith. It's been about a month and mine are showing signs of renewed life (i.e., new leaves).

It's hard to tell from your picture . . . maybe it's a pothos. Take a look at these images:

http://www.google.com/images?q=poth ... de_link&ct=mode&ved=0CAsQ_AU

If that's what it is, they're fairly care-free. How long ago did you repot it? If you've got a saucer underneath to catch draining water, remove the saucer and put the pot in a sink/tub to let the excess water drain away.

It looks like an Ivy (Mrs. Story is correct). As she said, they require drainage overwise the roots rot. Don't overwater. You might take it out on a patio or otherwise outside (if it's reasonably warm) and let it dry out a bit. They are pretty hardy, you can probably baby it a bit for a while and it will probably survive.

A gentleman from plant-care.com told me what she was, but thank you so much, mrs. story for the tip. The new pot that I have her in is an automatic watering one and I don't see any water coming out the bottom, but the soil is like, muddy. I was wondering if water was the issue or if I planted her too cramped together because the pot is deep.

Repotting a houseplant.
Plant Dying After Repotting
Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsJanuary 5, 2011
Jade Plant
Repotting a Jade Plant
Repotting Orchid
Repotting Orchids
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
Spider Plant
Repotting Spider Plants
🎉
🎄