Leaves Dying on a Calla Lily

Category Plant Health
Yellowing dying leaves on your calla lily can be the result of a lack of nutrients or root rot. This is a guide about leaves dying on a calla lily.

I have calla lilies growing outside; what makes the leaves turn yellow?

By myra from Birmingham, AL

Answers

Best Answer

Too much water.

I bought a Calla Lily plant a few weeks ago. It's getting yellow and drying up on me. I've kept it indoors, and have been watering it maybe every other day. Should I cut off the stems and leaves now and let the plant regrow on its own? Or should I replant the bulbs with new soil and fertilizer?

By sara from San Jose, CA

My father bought me a potted Calla Lilly plant. It had holes in all it's leaves, even the new ones just coming out. Since then, at the base of the stems just above the bulbs/dirt they turn to mush and fall off.

I water it the way I was told to water it and keep it warm and make sure it gets the right amount of sun, but still it seems to be dying. Is there something to do to save it? It is a wedding gift from my dad and I would sure like for it not to die.

By Heather Rowe from Howell, MI