Exercise Early

I find the best time for me to exercise is early in the morning before I do anything. First, I make sure my exercise routine is already planned the night before (Example: running, biking, weight lifting, etc). Second, I set my alarm clock for a half hour before my planned workout, so that I have time for a cup of coffee and to wake up.

After my coffee, I head to my workout area carrying my small basket that has everything already in it I will need, such as: hair bands, ear phones, my exercise videos, mp3 player, workout tablet (to record my progress), pen, reading glasses, hand towel, and a water bottle.

I work out for approximately 45 minutes, eat breakfast, take a shower, and then off to work or whatever else is on my agenda for the day. I know it makes getting up even earlier seem hard to do, but once you try it, you will be amazed at the high energy level you will have. For the rest of the day, you have the marvelous feeling of knowing you have already reached your workout goal for the day!

By RKJ79 from O'Fallon, MO

I like your routine and it works if you are not taking care of children or husbands. Moms' routines are seriously interrupted during any given day. There never seems to be a constant scheduled time for anything. It is always a little here and little bit there and quite often a never.