My First Recipe: Ellie and her Daughter

Well, my first recipe wasn't actually a recipe as such, it was a combination of things to make the evening meal in the big, loving, foster parented home I was living in. I was 16, and did all of the evening meal myself, hot corned beef, mashed (creamed) potatoes and green beans. I was SO proud of myself!

I also remember my daughter's first recipe. She was eleven at the time, and concocted something she named "Bon Orange", which was just oranges peeled and sliced up, dropped into a bowl with their juice, and sprinkled over the top with coconut. We still laugh over the memory of "Bon Orange".

By Ellie from Melbourne, Australia

And I bet fixing that first meal all by yourself sure helped your self esteem!

---> Something we should all remember in these times of "fast food families" ...

Teaching our children to cook is helpful to them in many, many ways!

Food and Recipes Recipes Recipes for KidsJanuary 29, 2007
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Mother Daughter Tea
Planning a Mother Daughter Tea
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Dog With Puppies
Children Around a Pregnant Dog