Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Smell from Vinyl Sofa

I have a black vinyl sofa and ive had many of my friends stay over the past years (which is basically the only action the couch sees, I never sit on it). But recently I noticed that the couch had an odd odor that it didn't originally. It's kinda hard to describe but I would compare it to a dirty, sweaty smell (possibly from one of my friends sweating while sleeping?). Is there anything I can do to get the smell out? Thanks,

SVRunningMan

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Smoke smell help (Guest Post)01/14/2006

Hi I got a mattress from a friend and it reeks of smoke.. Is there any thing i can do to help this or do i need to throw it away?

By Jo Bodey [1]03/07/2005

Before buying anything just try washing it with water and detergent! As its a dark colour its probably just very dirty but you can't see it. Vinyl is plastic, impervious to water, so give it a good scrub with a rough cloth and hot soapy water. Try not to let the seams get wet where the liquid can soak into the lining.

Regards

Jo

By Peach (Guest Post)03/07/2005

Try wiping with a paper towel dampened with Odo-Ban. You can buy a gallon of concentrate at Sam's Club for about 11 bucks. I would try it full strength.
Vinegar might also work if the smell isn't too bad.
Don't forget to do a test wipe in an inconspicuous spot first!!
Peach

By Peach (Guest Post)03/07/2005

Try wiping your sofa down with a paper towel dampened with Odo-Ban. You can buy a gallon of concentrate at Sam's Club for about 11 bucks. You might need to do it twice.
Also try using a vinegar wipe down.

By Carol Vitu [5]03/07/2005

SolUMel removes odors very well.