Removing Smell from Vinyl Sofa

I have a black vinyl sofa and ive had many of my friends stay over the past years (which is basically the only action the couch sees, I never sit on it). But recently I noticed that the couch had an odd odor that it didn't originally. It's kinda hard to describe but I would compare it to a dirty, sweaty smell (possibly from one of my friends sweating while sleeping?). Is there anything I can do to get the smell out? Thanks,

SVRunningMan

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

SolUMel removes odors very well.

Try wiping your sofa down with a paper towel dampened with Odo-Ban. You can buy a gallon of concentrate at Sam's Club for about 11 bucks. You might need to do it twice.

Also try using a vinegar wipe down.

Try wiping with a paper towel dampened with Odo-Ban. You can buy a gallon of concentrate at Sam's Club for about 11 bucks. I would try it full strength.

Vinegar might also work if the smell isn't too bad.

Don't forget to do a test wipe in an inconspicuous spot first!!

Peach

Before buying anything just try washing it with water and detergent! As its a dark colour its probably just very dirty but you can't see it. Vinyl is plastic, impervious to water, so give it a good scrub with a rough cloth and hot soapy water. Try not to let the seams get wet where the liquid can soak into the lining.

Regards

Jo

Hi I got a mattress from a friend and it reeks of smoke.. Is there any thing i can do to help this or do i need to throw it away?

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureMarch 6, 2005
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 12:08:35 PM on 10.0.2.243 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.