Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Crafts Made With Wallpaper

I am looking for ideas for making easy crafts using wall paper leftovers.

By Sandi from Brookville, IN

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Ann Winberg [282]02/22/2010

Here is my link to a bookmark I submitted made from wall paper. http://www.thriftyfun.com/account.l ... =ascending&account_nav=bookmarks

Also, line shelves with it, make envelopes by using a premade one for a pattern, always keep some for repairing, party invitations, scrapbooking, depending on what the pattern is you can make border from a roll by cutting it with a power saw into the width of border you want. I have done this many times by buying a discounted roll, using my electric miter saw I hold it against the brace and cut the length of the needed border. You can get several lengths of border from one roll. Fancy cut one edge with scissors if you like.

By Melanie Jackson [1]02/19/2010

Origami sites have some simple patterns, which might work. Be sure to test them on regular paper, first, and confirm that whatever project you do is suitable for heavy paper.

You could also cut up the scraps to strips, etc., and use them for accents in scrapbooking pages.

If you want something extremely simple, cut bookmarks from the wallpaper scraps, and embellish them as you like!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Crafts Using Scrap Wallpaper

I manage a wallpaper store and I want to know about projects that i can do with some of the unused border or wallpaper. Such as making fans with a border and adding lace, beads, etc. Does anyone have any prior experience doing something like this?

Tina Gainer from Panama City Bch, FL

Ideas

You can use the wallpaper to cover cans for different storage purposes, scrapbooking projects, victorian cones that are filled with flowers or fruit, mats for framing pictures, shelf liners or drawer liners. (04/17/2005)

By WANJOY

Wallpaer Fans

I used to own an art and craft supply store. We made wallpaper fans -- easiest craft in the world, I think. Cut a rectangle, maybe 12 X 10 or whatever. Glue any trims on before folding, using a good quality tacky glue (Aleene's Designer Tacky is my favorite).

Fanfold in about 1/2 inch folds. It's best if the two end folds go toward the back, so you're not looking at the wrong side of the wallpaper. Hold the folds together at one end and wire or tie closed. Fan it out. Voila!

We used to have our woodworking friends make little holders for the fans. Imagine a napkin holder, only smaller. Three pieces of wood -- front, back, and a narrow piece for the bottom. Paint with acrylic paints, to coordinate with the wallpaper. The front and back can be rectangles, or half circles, or any other shape, I guess.

Slide the wired end of the fan into the holder, so it will stand up.

This makes a lovely centerpiece for weddings, or just use it on a shelf.

Oh, we also used to make miniature fans for favors. Cut the paper about 6 X4 inches. Instead of standing it in a holder, you can use narrow ribbon to tie on a small gift or bag of potpourri. Or use the small fan to decorate a place card. (04/17/2005)

By Patti

Angels

I saw angels made out of wallpaper. I'm sorry, I don't have the pattern, but I can tell you that they had round wooden heads which you can get from any craft store. They also had dried moss as hair. The bottom (hem) of the angel's dress was cut with a scalloped scissors. They were really cute and the lady seemed to sell them like hot-cakes. (04/18/2005)

By Ruth

Gift Wrap

I use ends of wallpaper rolls that I find at the thrift stores for beautiful, heavyweight gift wrap. I get lots of compliments. (04/19/2005)

By Claudia

Gift Bags

You can use floral cut outs to decorate plain white paper to make special note paper. Use cut outs to decorate plain lunch bags to make decorated gift bags. (04/29/2005)

By faith22496

Scrapbooks

I use wallpaper in my scrapbooks as long as the paper does not touch the picture it should be OK. I often double or triple mount my pictures before gluing it down, to make sure the picture does not touch the paper. I am very good at keeping the negatives so if there is a problem in the future I have not totally lost a picture. (07/19/2005)

By Dee

Journals

My son's school teacher folded wallpaper to make as journals, since she had nice writing she wrote their first name with the words journal on it. Also type in wallpaper crafts on your browse button. I've seen gingerbread men, bookmarks & even envelopes come out nice. Enjoy! (07/28/2005)

By Susan

Archive: Crafts Made With Wallpaper

Please offer any ideas for crafts to make with wallpaper.

Thanks!

Laura from Elberta, AL

RE: Crafts Made With Wallpaper

My pastor's wife uses unused wallpaper to make beautiful bulletin board backgrounds at our church. (01/03/2007)

By Cresanna

RE: Crafts Made With Wallpaper

I used the embossed wall paper that you can FEEL the design. I cut out the shape of a Ladies High Heel Boot and then glued them together. I spray painted the boot silver and let it dry, then I dry brushed it with creamy gold. The dry brushing brought out the design which was very Victorian. I then put moss in and made a Christmas arrangement and a large gold tulle bow. It looked like a designer made, one of a kind. It brought raves from the neighbors. It was quite easy and the ideas started to form in my head, all the different ways to do it next year as gifts. (01/03/2007)

By baylee

RE: Crafts Made With Wallpaper

I like wallpaper for shelf paper in the kitchen, etc. (01/03/2007)

By siris

RE: Crafts Made With Wallpaper

You could also make neat bookmarks with wallpaper. (10/10/2007)

By teenacrafts

RE: Crafts Made With Wallpaper

The thinner sheets of wallpaper can be used to decorate clear glass plates. Use Mod Podge to glue the colored side of the wallpaper to the center back of the glass plate. Apply another even coat of the Mod Podge to the entire back side of the plate and cover with coordinating fabric (right side to the back of the plate). Stretch the fabric so that there are no wrinkles and add 2 more coats of Mod Podge. When dry, trim excess fabric from around the plate. You can add some decorative edging if you want. These plates can be used as serving pieces, but do not immerse in water to clean. Just use a damp cloth. (01/14/2008)

By Dawn--Tucson, AZ