Making a Privacy Barrier

I have been looking for an easy inexpensive way to make a privacy barrier. We live on a corner block and finally are able to afford a side fence but this still leaves a space where people can see through to the back of the house. I am not a handy person and don't have access to any relative with a bit of muscle, so I need it to be easily done.

Sharyl from South Australia

Plant bushes or vines next to or onto the privacy fence.

Hi -- I am not sure what you need, and the poster who suggested shrubs might be the long term solution. However, my son had an idea for his fence in the city. There were regulations as to the height of the fence, and he wished to make it higher to block off the view of the alley, so he extended the height of the fence with a frame, and purchased camo net from the army surplus store. He hung the net over the frame, and it provides the visual barrier. The net is olive green with some sort of fabric "leaves" in it. It works very well, and may be an idea for you.

Privacy Fence
Building a Privacy Fence
Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceOctober 9, 2008
Privacy Screen
Making a Privacy Screen
Photo of a window made more private using contact paper.
Making a Window More Private
House Surround by Plants
Adding Privacy With Plants
Privacy Hedge
Growing a Privacy Hedge