Wrap Metal Headboard To Match Decor

This is not only decorating, but crafty as well. I had an older style futon for a bed frame, and it was black shiny metal. Not conducive to a nice lilac and mint green bedroom. I had a bedspread that I loved but it was a square and never fit on the bed, so I cut it into strips and "wrapped" the entire bed frame in it. I didn't do the side supports, but did the head and foot boards all the way to the floor. It's a cheap way to decorate, and only takes some hot glue, some fabric, and some time. I made sure I always glued in the back wrap, so in case the glue came through the fabric it wouldn't show. It's a nice effect and didn't cost me anything!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

fabric wrapped headboard

Very pretty - you should be proud of yourself!

I like that, and even I could do it!

I don't know how I missed seeing this post and picture. So glad I get the newsletter and saw it. How clever and pretty. I have an old wooden frame that I would like to spuce up and not have to paint I think i'll try this on that. It is flat though verses round so I wonder if I'll achieve the same look? I wonder how cheneille would look? Thanks I love the idea!

Wood plank headboard.
Making a Headboard
Crafts Home DecorSeptember 9, 2008
Cleaning Metal
Cleaning Metal
painting a dresser
Painting Furniture to Match Your Decor
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
Making Metal Flowers
Making Metal Flowers