To Eat Eggs or Not?

To eat eggs or not? Also, a secret to storing them. Since the early 70's, people have been debating whether or not eggs are bad for you and believe it seems the jury is still out. According to a study funded by the National Institute of Health, 1 egg per day is unlikely to have a substantial impact on the cardiovascular health among healthy men and women. From what I have read, the small adverse effects of cholesterol in an egg is counterbalanced by the nutrients. These nutrients include: B vitamins, antioxidants, folate and unsaturated fat.

Here's your insider secret to picking fresh eggs:

Look the other way when your eggs expire! It's true. If you buy federally graded eggs before the expiration date - you can use them safely for the next 3 to 5 weeks. This information was found in a Healthy newsletter I subscribe to. So enjoy a egg they are so inexpensive and good for you!

By Bobbie from Rockwall

Editor's Note: There is a great difference between the normal eggs sold in the grocery and farm fresh free range eggs. To read the dramatic difference go to:

In Ecuador, where my husband is from, they don't store eggs in the refrigerator--they just keep them out on the counter! My husband grew up this way and it didn't kill him, but I still keep my eggs in the fridge, even though he thinks it's silly.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food InfoMay 1, 2006
empty egg carton
Substitution For Eggs in Recipes
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs