Energy Conservation in the Home
- The average house uses 38 percent of its total annual energy use on heating.
- When a house is occupied, the thermostat should be set at 65 to 68 degrees F for maximum energy efficiency.
- Install a central air conditioning system only when whole house air conditioning is needed.
- A sun tempered superinsulated home uses passive solar design concepts with superinsulation construction techniques.
- Replace aging appliances with newer energy efficient models.
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
December 8, 20080 found this helpful
I think it very useful because you could learn a lot
April 26, 20110 found this helpful
How come with all the advances in technology, solar power and wind power are still in their nascent state to provide energy on our planet? Where I live in Malta a small sunny island, both abound but their use is still understudied. http://www.fao.org/docrep/T4470E/t4470e0j.htm
I'm sure there are many countries with these same potentially energy efficient resources available.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 9, 2016 at 8:12:59 PM on 10.0.2.24 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us