Energy conservation in the home - Quick Facts
- The average house uses 38 percent of its total annual energy use on heating.
- When a house is occupied, the thermostat should be set at 65 to 68 degrees F for maximum energy efficiency.
- Install a central air conditioning system only when whole house air conditioning is needed.
- A sun tempered superinsulated home uses passive solar design concepts with superinsulation construction techniques.
- Replace aging appliances with newer energy efficient models.
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
How come with all the advances in technology, solar power and wind power are still in their nascent state to provide energy on our planet? Where I live in Malta a small sunny island, both abound but their use is still understudied. http://www.fao.org/docrep/T4470E/t4470e0j.htm
I'm sure there are many countries with these same potentially energy efficient resources available.
By Brianna (Guest Post)
I think it very useful because you could learn a lot
Add your voice to the conversation.