Applying Polyurethane to Painted Countertop

What is the best method to apply polyurethane to seal a painted countertop?

Vicki from AZ

I'm not sure what the best way is, but I resealed my kitchen table using a regular-sized roller -- BIG MISTAKE! It left tiny air bubbbles, which left the surface anything but smooth. I had to strip and re-do it again. I've sealed painted furniture with a paintbrush, and I've had no problems--the brush marks seem to smooth out as it sets. I have no idea what those foam brushes or foam rollers would do. When you open the can, be careful mixing; if you do it too vigorously, air bubbles fill form and be applied to the surface. Hope this helps.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceMarch 16, 2009
Applying for a Passport, US Passport on White Background
Applying for a Passport
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Painted Chinese furniture.
Cleaning Painted Wood Furniture
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails