Sanding Sponge for Foot Callouses

I use a styrofoam sanding block to buff off the dried dead skin from the bottom of my feet. It's best to use them after bathing or showering while your feet are softer. It's best to slightly wet the sanding block as well. Sanding blocks are less expensive, more coarse, and last longer than the coarse finger nail files that I've used. In addition, they leave your feet feeling very soft and smooth.

By anorman from Williamsport, TN

No no no, you risk blood poisening from products that are not intended for use on your body. The best thing is to purchase a Ped Egg. They work wonders and will save you money in the long run because they last for years whereas you will be replacing the sandpaper.

I have even had my husband take the electric sander to my thick calloused heels. Too many years of barefootin.

Anorman, that has already been posted by several but to answer Ann Parker, how can you risk blood poisoning by sanding callouses? It is dead skin. I am not suggesting you use it if the are cracked and bleeding. Use only for the dry skin. Also, the sanding sponges last a long, long time. It is not like buying sandpaper. It is a sponge!

I use a callous smoother purchased from the drug store. But, I use it on my dry feet. I find that it is much more effective that way.

Hi, if you are not elderly with poor peripheral circulation or diabetic, you could try soaking your feet for 20 minutes in warm water to which a couple of soluble aspirin has been added. Aspirin is salicylic acid which is used in many corn plasters, etc. and macerates the dead skin. It is easy then to rub off the callous. Use a good moisturizer to oil the feet after.

If you use an electric sander on hard dry skin be sure to keep it moving. Don't press hard and just rest it on the callous you will see the change in color getting near the living skin. Be very careful.

where would you suggest buying a sanding sponge