Onion Crusted Salmon

I am looking for a recipe for Onion Crusted Salmon for a friend. She used to get it at Leverlocks restaurant in Florida, which has gone out of business.

TIA

Gardencraft from NH

Perhaps you could crush the onion rings in a can, coat the salmon with something like mayo and roll in the crushed onion rings and then bake. Have never had onion crusted salmon, but this might be worth a try.

I used to eat Leverocks' onion-crusted salmon all the time until I moved away from Tampa. Sad to hear they're gone.

Anyway, I cook a real simple version of it at home - I get a can of french fried onions from the supermarket, put the salmon skin-side-down in a pan on the stove, layer the top with the french fried onions, and cook uncovered on low heat until the salmon is done. You can use oil or melted butter to "stick" the onions to the salmon if you prefer, but it's not necesssary. The salmon skin should come off easily after cooking. Almost as good as Leverocks!

Onion Crusted Salmon

1/2 can of fried onions

2 center cut salmon filets (washed)

2 tbs. lemon

Pre-heat over to 350

Take 1/2 c. of onions and put in zipped lock bag and using a rolling pin..crush into onion bread crumbs. Lay salmon on rack in roasting pan take onion mixture and pat on top of salmon. Drizzle each piece with lemon and bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes. This comes out so great your family will ask you for more

I wonder which Leverock's closed. We often eat in one and have the onion crusted salmon. Leverock's is located on Placida Road (775) in Englewood, FL.

Perhaps there are 2 Leverocks, now. We eat at one, regularly. 90% of the time, I order the Onion Crusted Salmon (my favorite).

Leverocks' Seafood House; 840 South Pasadena Ave.; South Pasadena, FL (near St. Pete Beach, FL)

Phone: 727-367-4588 (I'm thankful to get the recipe!)

Ger

Food and Recipes Recipes SeafoodFebruary 21, 2007
Smoked Salmon on Toast
Smoked Salmon Recipes
fresh salmon with lemon and herbs
Cooking Salmon
Salmon Casserole
Salmon Casserole Recipes
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
🎄