Making A Cream Pie Miniature

When making a miniature cream pie (artificial), how do you lighten up the caulk that is used for the topping? I would like it to be a little bit fluffier. I'm making miniature ones with filo clay, no hole beads and need a light fluffy topping to look like meringue.

By Doris from Moline, IL

This made me laugh at the thought of "caulk" on top of a pie- is that a regional word for cream or topping?

I am wondering about the caulk too. Caulk. As I know it, is for fixing things like cracks.

I need to clarify my "mini" cream pies. I'm making miniature ones with filo clay, no hole beads and need a light fluffy topping to look like meringue.

Editor's Note: I added this comment to the main post so you will get more appropriate answers. I was confused too :)

Yeah, me too! I was thinking "maybe she is from another country" but now it all makes sense.

Too funny.

I googled miniatures and got this. You may want to ask someone who makes things like this for a living. However, Aileens glues make just about any thing you might want. My first thought was some of her puff paint, but just a bit of offwhite glue might work too. You would need to experiment on some of the pies to find if it falls flat as it's drying, but I am sure you will find the right product and method. When you do, can you share it with us? How cute!!

http://www.google.com/search?source ... LQ_ENUS307&q=miniatures&aq=f

I enclosed a shot of one I took at our local fair. Good luck!!

Faux bundt cake
Making Fake Food
Crafts OtherMarch 24, 2009
banana pie
Banana Pie Recipes
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Miniature Crochet
Miniature Crochet Tips
Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipes
🎉
🎄