Treating Heart Worms Naturally

By Hazel Bullock 4 10

Does anyone have any tips for treating dogs with heart worms naturally? I know natural tips to prevent them.

Cajunangel from Shreveport, LA

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

How do you prevent them naturally? Would love to know this. We treat them with ivermectin (cattle wormer) . This also gets rid of intestinal parasites. It's cheap and you can use it once a month. We use 1cc per 100lbs of body weight. Don't over do and don't use on young kittens or pups. God bless!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

If your dog already has heart worms, you need to get to a VET IMMEDIATELY! Sometimes it can be TOO far along for even a vet to fix!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Gina Johnston 14 88 Flag

Hello--

Really, really important note about ivermectin. As far as I know, the injectible kind IS SAFE for dogs. However, don't make the mistake of thinking that ivermectin oral wormer for cattle or horses is ok--CAUSE IT'S NOT! The carrier agent can sicken or kill your dogs...Just a word to the wise--call your vet if you have any questions before using a wormer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joyce Coker 17 Flag

Look at this link:

www.holisticpetinfo.com/Conditions/heartworm.htm

This is only one of many. Most treatments use the same basic herbs. My 6 yr old dog has been on herbal treatment for 3 years. The vet told me that the treatment they provided cost $300- $600 and would include three weeks of confinement in vet hospital..No guarantee of success ( and treatment sometimes causes death.) I could not afford that, as much as I love Bumba. After lots of online searching I went to health food store and found a human parasitic treatment with all the herbs needed. It is called PARAGONE. Please check it out as it has worked for her! I treat for three weeks and break for three weeks.

Do a google search using "herbal treatments for heartworms". Theres a lot of good info out there! Best wishes,

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

We also treat our dogs once a month with ivermectin (one tenth cc per 10 pounds of body weight) The same vet who told us to do this as a cheaper alternative to Heartguard, told us that you can treat a dog that already has heart worms this way and in 18 months the heartworms will be gone. Not a fast cure, but I have heard the fast cures can kill your dog and you also have to keep the dog very quiet for 30 days. With this method, you don't.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

A dog getting a checkup from a veterinarian.
Treating Heartworms in Dogs
Next
Pets HealthJanuary 9, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
Treating Heartworms in Dogs
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
Kitten With Worms
Treating a Kitten With Worms
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:09:22 PM on 10.0.2.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings