Treating Heart Worms Naturally

Does anyone have any tips for treating dogs with heart worms naturally? I know natural tips to prevent them.

Cajunangel from Shreveport, LA

How do you prevent them naturally? Would love to know this. We treat them with ivermectin (cattle wormer) . This also gets rid of intestinal parasites. It's cheap and you can use it once a month. We use 1cc per 100lbs of body weight. Don't over do and don't use on young kittens or pups. God bless!

If your dog already has heart worms, you need to get to a VET IMMEDIATELY! Sometimes it can be TOO far along for even a vet to fix!

Really, really important note about ivermectin. As far as I know, the injectible kind IS SAFE for dogs. However, don't make the mistake of thinking that ivermectin oral wormer for cattle or horses is ok--CAUSE IT'S NOT! The carrier agent can sicken or kill your dogs...Just a word to the wise--call your vet if you have any questions before using a wormer.

Look at this link:

This is only one of many. Most treatments use the same basic herbs. My 6 yr old dog has been on herbal treatment for 3 years. The vet told me that the treatment they provided cost $300- $600 and would include three weeks of confinement in vet hospital..No guarantee of success ( and treatment sometimes causes death.) I could not afford that, as much as I love Bumba. After lots of online searching I went to health food store and found a human parasitic treatment with all the herbs needed. It is called PARAGONE. Please check it out as it has worked for her! I treat for three weeks and break for three weeks.

Do a google search using "herbal treatments for heartworms". Theres a lot of good info out there! Best wishes,

We also treat our dogs once a month with ivermectin (one tenth cc per 10 pounds of body weight) The same vet who told us to do this as a cheaper alternative to Heartguard, told us that you can treat a dog that already has heart worms this way and in 18 months the heartworms will be gone. Not a fast cure, but I have heard the fast cures can kill your dog and you also have to keep the dog very quiet for 30 days. With this method, you don't.

A dog getting a checkup from a veterinarian.
Treating Heartworms in Dogs
Pets HealthJanuary 9, 2008
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
Kitten With Worms
Treating a Kitten With Worms