Organizing Your Grocery List

In between shopping trips I jot things down on a list, then the day before I go, I organize that list. When I make my grocery list, I divide it into sections the same way the store is laid out where I am going. If I have a coupon for an item I put a capital "C" after the item, then I put that coupon with my cash that I am going to use or you could highlight it.

If I have more than one stop, I try to go to them in order as to save miles. I also number my stops and cross them off as I complete that stop. That way if I don't make a stop for some reason, it is a reminder because it hasn't been crossed off. Just seeing them marked off makes me feel good. We live 50 miles from a city that has much shopping, so organizing my shopping day is important as it is usually a pretty full day.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

In keeping with the statement made about organizing one's list/coupons by the layout of the store, I take this one or two steps further by rough-sketching out the aisles of the store on a piece of paper, listing what is in each aisle and the approximate location in the aisle of the items I normally buy. I then keep a sheet of clear plastic (similar to a photo album insert) over the 'floor plan', and use a dry-erase marker or a grease pencil to circle the section of the items on my list, and also make a "C" if I have a coupon for it/them.

It sure saves time on my shopping trip; but when I do have time, I cruise the aisles and make any necessary adjustments to my 'floor plan' in case the merchant moves something to a new location.

A woman looking at her shopping list.
Organizing Your Grocery List
Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingMay 31, 2011
A woman filling out Christmas cards.
Organizing Your Christmas Card List
Grocery List
Creating A Grocery List
Creating a Christmas List
Creating a Christmas List
Making a "Honey Do" List
"Honey Do" List Craft Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:54:08 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.