Cleaning and Preserving Satin Baby Shoes

Upon my mother's passing, while going through pictures, etc. I found a pair of my baby shoes (from 1952). I'm not sure what they were made of, but probably satin. They are very stained, mostly because of age, I believe. Is there any way to clean them and preserve them?

Jo from Pensacola, FL

Check out this site. It tells how you can Bronze baby shoes If you are not interested in doing it yourself, check google for bronze baby shoes. You will find several sites that offer it for a price.

A few years ago I unpacked a box of my son's baby clothes. He wanted his baptisimal outfit for HIS new son! I was heartsick! All the pretty white clothes had huge, ugly brown stains on them (although they had looked snow white when I packed them away)! I decided to experiment since they were useless to us at this point. I put about 1 1/2 or 2 gallon of very hot water in a plastic bucket and then added 1 cup of BIZ and 1 cup of Clorox II. I stirred it until everything was dissolved and let it set until it had cooled to room temperature. I then put all the stained baby items into the mixture. I think I left them in there several least 3.....stirred them around occasionally. Every last stain came out!!! They were snow white again! BIZ is an enzyme cleaner. It can be found in the same area the "all fabric bleaches" and CloroxII are. There also used to be another brand called Axiom, I believe, but I haven't seen it for awhile. It also worked on the delicate pastels that also had the big stains. I'm guessing that the stains were formula "spit-up" that appeared to be washed out but actually was imbedded in the fibers.

What about NOT cleaning them? My mother just ran across an outfit of my grandmothers, including satin type shoes, and she didnt clean them. Just "framed" them in a shadow box. It turned out great and looks more original than trying to pass off spotless clothes as "old".

Satin Baby Shoes
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousFebruary 20, 2006
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress