Bounce This Along - Uses For Bounce Fabric Softener

My mail carrier told me that the US Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away. I use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer. I use it when I am working outside. It really works. The insects just veer around you.

All this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer!

1. It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.
  2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.
  3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.
  4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
  5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.
  6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.
  7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.
  8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.
  9. Ad

10. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.
  11. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.
  12. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
  13. To freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.
  14. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.
  15. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.
  16. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the lose hairs.
  17. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
  18. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
  19. Ad

20. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
  21. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.
  22. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.
  23. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.
  24. Wet a Bounce sheet, hose down your car, and wipe lovebugs off easily with the wet Bounce.

By TheBonster from MD

Thank you for all these good hints for Bounce. Do you think it will work with Bounce Free. I'm extremely sensitive to the fragrance used in the scented ones.

Wow! Great tips!

Also, if you have a piece of furniture or mattress that smells of cigarette smoke, lay several dryer sheets on top and leave on for a day or two-- the sheet will suck the small right out!

Another nice thing to do is put Bounce or a scented dryer sheet on air vents where the heat comes out in winter time. The warm air releases the scent and makes your house smell wonderful!

It's not just Bounce, all of this works with the store brands, too. I use Kirkland (Costco's brand) and it works just as well for a lot cheaper. Since the scent works for some of TheBonster's tips, it might not work with Bounce Free, but you won't know until you try it. It certainly works on everything else not directly connected to scent. I tuck them into the pockets of my wool jackets, fold into my sweaters and linens and am always finding something to use them on. Repels moths!

I know of yet 1 more use not found here for small pets anyway, i.e., when your dog (or cat?) gets wet, from rain, swimming, etc., wipe down with a fresh (any scented brand) dryer sheet and it helps eliminate a large portion of their (wet dog) odor!

DO NOT USE dryer sheets on animals! The Merck Veterinary Manual warns that cationic detergents, which are present in fabric softeners and dryer sheets, can cause a variety of problems for animals ranging from minor irritation to widespread systemic distress and pulmonary edema. Bounce's own product literature cautions pet owners to keep dryer sheets away from animals to avoid accidental ingestion.

Animals lick their fur and the areas on which they rest, so using dryer sheets to repel dander may needlessly expose Fluffy or Fido to health risks. The danger is increased when pets are allowed to use sheets as toys. Cats, in particular, just love them. Some owners have reported kidney failure in animals which have ingested dryer sheets.

I used the tip about soaking stubborn casserole dishes overnight. It worked great. So I tried to think of where else these would work. I cleaned the top of my stove vent hood, it always gets grimy from grease, etc. I have never found anything able to deep clean it. Dryers sheets do! I also used it for the inside of my microwave. I wet if first. Wiped it around the inside. Waited a few minutes and used it to lightly scrub out the stuck on food. Clean rag with clean water rinse. WOW! Easy, very little elbow grease. Also works in the refrigerator too! Hmm, where else can I use them. LOL.

Box of Bounce dryer sheets.
Alternate Uses for Dryer Sheets
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Generic Fabric Softener Bottles
Homemade Fabric Softener Recipes
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser