Fabric Softener Dispenser Won't Drain

This is a page about why a fabric softener dispenser won't drain. If the fabric softener dispenser is clogged, it can become filled with water. This can cause foul odors and other issues with the machine.

I have a Bosch Nexxt Essence Front Loader. I have odor and mildew issues that I have "sort of" been able to control. My problem now is that, although I do not use softener in my washer, the dispenser is filled with water and I can't figure out how to drain it.

I am afraid it is going to get stagnant, hence yet another avenue for odor and mildew. Anyone know how I can drain it? There is nothing about it in the manual.

By Robin M from OH

Answers

Best Answer

Try some vinegar in the dispenser. This worked really great for me.
Good luck.
Lori

Best Answer

White vinegar "unclogged" my dispenser, although it took a few attempts.
Jennifer Norther Virginia

Lately, I have noticed water is left in fabric softener dispenser after the load is complete. Why would that happen?

By Vicki

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersOctober 2, 2018
🍂
🎄