Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls

Category Other

I have used a softener ball for about 1 year but I have come to find out the ball has been slowly chipping the porcelain tub causing rust stains on white/light colors. It cost me $400.00 to replace the tub, since it is NOT covered on any warranty, my tip is dump the ball, use sheets!

By Janet

Read More or Comment...

How did you figure out it was the ball? It couldn't be buttons on jeans or overall buckles could it?

By Becky Shofner (Guest Post)

Doesn't your washer have a place to dump in your liquid fabric softner? Ours is a thing that just sits on top of the agitator. No ball needed. Enjoy the softness you deserve and skip the sheets.

I'm looking for an idea to recycle the Downy fabric softener balls. At one time I saw an idea card from Downy using them as night lites, but have never seen the pattern/instructions. I have gone to the Downy web site, but there doesn't seem to be any information. I hope someone can help with this or give some ideas.

Patsy from Salem, MO

Answers

Don't know about night light but maybe freeze them for lunch boxes, or spray paint, fill partially with sand or stones and make candle holders for center pieces, spray paint with silver chrome and use to make mini gazing ball for plants, if they're not too hazy remove plug and make snow globes. Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. Hope it helps you and if i figure out anything about the night light I'll post it for you

I googled the ball and lots of people say you can also put oxiclean, vinegar and other softening substances in it.

In looking at the photo, I can see it covered with glitter paint and hung on the tree?
You can put liquid air freshener in it and and hang it in the closet.
You could fill it with some beads and let the pets go crazy with it!
Have Fun

Answer this Question

Viewing This Page
Better Living Green Living Recycling OtherJanuary 14, 2014
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-For-Downy-Fabric-Softener-Balls-1.html