Use Baking Soda as Underarm Deodorant

A natural and inexpensive underarm deodorant can be easily made from baking soda, either alone or mixed with products such as cornstarch, and a fragrance, if desired. This is a guide about use baking soda as underarm deodorant.

May 27, 2008 Flag

If baking soda can subdue the odor of a cat litter box, imagine what it can do under your arms. Yep. All by itself, or if you want, you can add talc or other powder to it at a ratio or half and half. Put it in a tin and keep it in the bathroom.

After you shower, pat dry your underarms and apply the powder with a dry washcloth or piece of a dishrag. The only time this is not a good plan is when you are wearing something sleeveless.

By Susan from WV

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

I've been using baking soda as an underarm and foot deodorant for 2 years now. I do get darkening and dry skin under one armpit (weird, I know), but that's only occasionally. I can actually go for 3 days between re-using, but I usually shower every other day. I keep an old spice container filled with baking soda, sprinkle a little on my hands, add a couple drops of water, mix the paste with both hands and apply under arms. For feet I just add a dusting of baking soda to my shoes.

May 27, 2008 Flag

My favorite way to use baking soda for reasons both healthy and frugal is as an underarm deodorant. I have tried various natural deodorants and all have fallen short in controlling odor. Because baking soda balances ph levels and neutralizes acid, it works and I find the effects of it work all day long.

To make your own inexpensive and natural deodorant, combine equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch. I add a few drops of pure lavender essential oil for fragrance (plus this works as a bacteria inhibitor) and place in a tightly sealed bowl, add a powder puff and voila!, you'll have the most effective, simple and money saving natural deodorant one might find.

By earth heart from Polk, Ohio

Answers:

Natural Baking Soda As Underarm Deodorant

Another deodorant can be rubbing alcohol. Just put it in a spray bottle and spritz underarms. It is a disinfectant as well as deodorant. You can also use it as a hand sanitizer. (01/23/2008)

By suzin

This is EXACTLY what I have been using as deodorant for almost 20 years now. I like to spray alcohol under my
arms (a squirt bottle works too) and when it's almost
dry I dust on some of my deodorant with the powder puff. In summer, or when I'm working outside in the heat,
I prefer to use white vinegar first. Make sure it is completely dry and then dust with the powder. It works better than anything else I've ever tried. Just be sure
the vinegar is dry or you will get that famous "volcano"
reaction as the dry baking soda comes into contact with the vinegar. Don't want a volcano under your arms! (01/23/2008)

By Patti

I have a friend (an RN) whose husband (auto mechanic) has used this for decades, not because of health or environmental reasons, but because it works. (01/24/2008)

By susanmajp

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes DeodorantFebruary 19, 2017
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:57:06 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.