Can I Safely Eat the Fruit of the Wonder Egg Plant?

I bought the wonder egg and I feel confident about growing it, but curiosity go the cat. Can anyone tell me how to prepare it without killing myself and what it might taste like? My major method of cooking is southern.

Hardiness Zone: 6b

By AngelMB from Murfreesboro, TN

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

The wonder egg or the Easter Egg plant egg is not edible. This is where the seeds are for your next crop. It is only an ornamental plant.

this is not true they are edible, and used in many ornamental soups and stews.but truly used as a more conversation piece for your garden.

Three white eggplants from an Easter Egg plant.
Growing an Easter Egg Plant
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceMarch 6, 2011
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Slice of cantaloupe with other cantaloupes in the background.
Peeling and Slicing Melon
An apricot cut in half.
Peeling Apricots
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:05:59 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.