Vinegar and Windshield Washer

House guests made a mess of my bathroom mirrors a few days ago. I just noticed this morning, so got out my cleaner, which is 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 car windshield washer that I mixed in a spray bottle. The trick to getting them really clean and sparkling is using newspaper to wipe them. Wipe across with a crumpled sheet, then up and down with a fresh one.

By Ruth from Harlingen, TX

By Lori. (Guest Post) 08/05/2008

Just an FYI... you don't even need the car window washer - which can sometimes be expensive. I will typically clean my mirrors with vinegar mixed with water and about 2 drops of dish detergent (really - two little drops are plenty) per 3 cup spray bottle.

Also, diluted tea will clean the film off mirrors extremely well (and glass) - make a cup of plain hot tea (black or green) and add a couple more cups of water. The tannic acid is what does the job!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Karen Peiffer 08/05/2008

Be very careful with windshield washer fluid in the home. If you purchase it rather than making your own, it can contain anti-freeze! Very harmful for breathing and for your skin.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Rachel Aguilar 1 15 08/06/2008

I use an old windex bottle and pour 1/4 cup vinegar, 1-2 tbsp of cornstartch, and the rest with warm water. Spray on glass/windows and wipe with newspaper. Easiest cleaning solution in the world and very GREEN! ;)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment