Vinegar and Windshield Washer - Categories:

BathroomCleaning

Vinegar and Windshield Washer

House guests made a mess of my bathroom mirrors a few days ago. I just noticed this morning, so got out my cleaner, which is 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 car windshield washer that I mixed in a spray bottle. The trick to getting them really clean and sparkling is using newspaper to wipe them. Wipe across with a crumpled sheet, then up and down with a fresh one.

By Ruth from Harlingen, TX

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Just an FYI... you don't even need the car window washer - which can sometimes be expensive. I will typically clean my mirrors with vinegar mixed with water and about 2 drops of dish detergent (really - two little drops are plenty) per 3 cup spray bottle.

Also, diluted tea will clean the film off mirrors extremely well (and glass) - make a cup of plain hot tea (black or green) and add a couple more cups of water. The tannic acid is what does the job!

Be very careful with windshield washer fluid in the home. If you purchase it rather than making your own, it can contain anti-freeze! Very harmful for breathing and for your skin.

I use an old windex bottle and pour 1/4 cup vinegar, 1-2 tbsp of cornstartch, and the rest with warm water. Spray on glass/windows and wipe with newspaper. Easiest cleaning solution in the world and very GREEN! ;)

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 5, 2008
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 10:40:37 PM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.