Looking For Cream Amaryllis Bulbs

I am looking for a cream amaryllis bulb to purchase. Does anyone know where I might find one?

Dusty from St. Martinville, LA

Hi Dusty,

This is where I get zone envy. Solid cream-colored amaryllis bulbs may be difficult to find. I've seen several described with color combinations that include cream, but none described as solid cream. You may want to consider a white colored amaryllis as another option. Few of these are actually "pure" white, but lightly veined with colors like pink or green, which give them an off-white appearance.

This one called "Jewel" from bloomingbulbs.com is considered white, but the flowers are actually white with a tint of orange, which gives it more of a creamy look. Two other "white" varieties to look out for include Picotee and Lemon Lime.

Here are some other places on the web that sell several varieties. If nothing else, give them a call or send them an email to see what they have in stock.

Amaryllis Bulb Company

The Nursery at TyTy

Good luck on your quest.

About The Author: Ellen Brown is an environmental writer and photographer and the owner of Sustainable Media, an environmental media company that specializes in helping businesses and organizations promote eco-friendly products and services. Contact her on the web at http://www.sustainable-media.com

I would think your best bet would be the brand name flower and bulb catalogs. Google "flower catalogs" and see what you come up with. Good luck and God bless you.

I bought a Christmas Amaryllis at Lowes that is sorta creamy colored. It has red veins. I bought it in the fall before Christmas one year.

Are you sure its Amaryllis you are thinking about? I know there are many varieties and colors of lilies. There are many lilies that are creamy colored. Some of them even rebloom.

best of luck.

Home and Garden Gardening BulbsMay 15, 2008
A hand holding an incandescent bulb.
Using Incandescent Bulbs
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Fall crocus bulbs.
Growing Bulbs in Every Season
Growing Amaryllis, Red amaryllis blooms.
Growing Amaryllis