Use Recycled Plastic Bag as a "Glove"

This idea may sound kind of silly, but I always reuse ziplock plastic bags after turning them inside out and squirting a little dish washing liquid in them and scrubbing them good inside and out.

Here's the silly part, I always seem to have one lying by my kitchen sink so twice now I have placed one over my hand and used it for a scrubbing assistant. It is a good way to protect my hands when I need to scrub something out of the kitchen sink that is a little bit yucky.

I also used one once over my hand to scrub off meat drippings on a bread board before I intensified the scrub on the bread board even more. I don't always like using my kitchen sponge/scrubber for certain things so the 'used' plastic bag as a hand glove and scrubbing helper worked like a charm. I could then throw my 'instant' cleaning glove in the garbage knowing I had used it already multiple times, once for storing and then again for quick scrubbing. Sounds silly but it works for me!

By Kghornsten from Davis, CA

I was taking chicken off the bone yesterday and watching tv, so I put the remote into a bread bag to protect it in case I wanted to use it. Worked and it stayed clean! Hubby gave me a funny look though :o)

Great idea. Zig

I use one to put Vicks Vapo Rub on the kids chests when they have a cold.

I think they should show some of these ideas in a TV commercial. Good thinking everyone.

Home and Garden Cleaning TipsAugust 18, 2009
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Plastic Bag Holder
Making a Plastic Bag Holder
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
A baseball glove with a baseball.
Breaking in a Baseball Glove